Travelhost.com (“Web Site”) is an online service that provides travel destination information, travel reservation services, recommendations for hotels, resorts, inns, vacations, points of interest, events, restaurants and lots more. Our Web Site is owned and operated by TRAVELHOST, Inc. (“TH”). More details about TH can be found below under “How you can contact us.”
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Before submitting your personal information to our Web Site, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting TH’s Web site, www.travelhost.com, you are accepting the practices described herein.
- What information we collect from you
- How we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- How you can access your information
- Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- How we protect your information
- Children's privacy
- External links
- Visiting our Web site from outside the United States
- Your California privacy rights
- How you can contact us
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web Site or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, user name and password. We may also request information about your travel plans, style, and preferences, including meal requests, seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car rental program information, and flight class, luggage, and ticketing options. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy the benefits of being a registered member. For example, only registered members are able to post travel reviews, participate in discussion forums, e-mail Web Site content to themselves and others, access members-only newsletters and travel planning content, and enter surveys, contests, or sweepstakes. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other travel-related transactions on our site.
Information About Others.
You may have the opportunity to share or provide personal information to other people through our Web Site. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing them with your personal information.
Information from Other Sources.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit the Web Site by “clicking-through” from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us. Examples of other information we may receive include contact information and demographic information. As another example, if you access third party services, such as social media services, through our Web Site, we may collect information such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those services.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit the Web Site. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Web Site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customize your user experience.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
- To help us customize the content, website experience, and advertisements (if any) provided to you on our websites and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of the Web Site features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications (by determining which e-mails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our sites.
Our Web Site also may use web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a web page. We may use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party web site, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Display of Advertising
Data collected to serve you with relevant advertising
TH and its affiliated websites are committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites. To do this, we may collect information about your travel-related searches, such as whether you are looking for airline flights or hotels, and use this information to serve you with ads on our sites or elsewhere online that match your apparent interests. So, for example, if you search for a flight to Los Angeles on Travelhost.com, you may see an ad for a travel package on Travelhost.com or on another website you visit.
We do not share your personal information (such as email addresses, etc.) with unaffiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising
We may allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our Web Site, and (2) advertising networks who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
TH uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes: for registration and to manage your account, including to facilitate your access to and use of our Web Site; to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about TH and invitations from the TH community; to enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts, and other content to the TH community; to respond to your questions and comments; to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and Web Site; to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you; to otherwise customize your experience with TH; to solicit information from you, including through surveys; to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems; to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use; and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
TH may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our Web Site or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to Travelhost.com from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and travel preferences, about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of personal information, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to Travelhost.com.
- Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third party social media websites and services through our site (such as Facebook). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media web sites.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Travelhost.com, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you choose to create a profile on the Web Site, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable via your screen name. You will have the ability to view your profile as members of the public will see it. Additionally, if you choose to participate in our member-to-member communications programs, other Web Site members may contact you by using the Web Site as an intermediary; however, TH will not share your email address with any other members nor display it any public manner. All Web Site members have the option to turn off the member-to-member communication features at any time.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Web site receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by visiting the member Profile page on the Web Site. You can close your TH account by contacting us at the email address listed below. We will send you an e-mail to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on the Web Site.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- As a registered Web Site member, you can modify your e-mail subscription choices at any time on the Member Profile page. Whether registered as a Web Site member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your TH account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Email Communications. Travelhost.com wants to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our Web Site. One way we do this is by sending you e-mail messages that contain information about your apparent travel-related interests. For example, if you search for a flight to Dallas, or Dallas hotels or reviews on Travelhost.com, we may send you an email message reminding you about special airfare or hotel offers in Dallas. Similarly, if you receive an email about Dallas travel and demonstrate an interest in Dallas hotels, flights, or local travel reviews by affirmatively clicking on a link about Dallas hotels in the email, you may receive an email about Dallas hotel or flight offers. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our sites. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from TH, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
We want you to feel confident about using the Web Site, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
The Web Site is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. We have no intention of collecting any personally identifiable information (that is, name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address) from individuals under 13 years of age. Where appropriate, we will specifically instruct children not to submit such information on our sites or advertisements. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
If you are visiting our Web Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that TH does take steps pursuant to laws in the United States to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email email@example.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, write to us at:
10701 N. Stemmons Frwy
Dallas, TX, USA
©2014 Travelhost, Inc. All rights reserved.